Friday, January 21, 2011

Kate's Hat

Kate's hat is pretty folky. I think of it as a "Baby Voyager Hat" because it reminds me of the red hats that early French explorers wore in the American Northeast. I worked this hat in back-and-forth single crochet with the stranding along the inside. The yarn is DK weight superwash merino wool. For the first time, I broke away from the 4-stitch repeats I had been using and included my 10-stitch chevron. I embroidered French knots in the lower triangles. After decreasing nearly to the end, I worked several rows straight including a row of half-double crochets for the drawstring. The last two rows reflect the colorwork of the body. 

 Richard took some fun family shots of Naomi with both children in their one-of-a -kind hats.

1 comment:

  1. Adorabel ahts Cindy and wonderful pictures!! Yah the kids are pretty cute too !!:)

    ReplyDelete