Friday, April 2, 2010

Springtime Inspiration


Visual inspiration is everywhere whether we are looking at a soul-stirring sunset, the veining pattern of a leaf or manmade items such as a fine art-glass vase or the detailing on a restored Victorian house. This month, I am charmed, as always, by lacy springtime leaves, early flowers and preliminary excursions through seed catalogues. My imaginings for gardening and landscaping around our new home prompted me to write a short piece that compares crochet work to the gardening process. You can find it in the new issue of Crochet Insider (http://crochetinsider.com/article/cultivating-your-crochet-garden) along with my original pattern for a crocheted zinnia to be worked in number 3 perle cotton.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Flowers!!! I really want to learn how to crochet- that is the one big gap in my textile arts skill set!!! off to read your article! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete